|SupplierSoft provides a comprehensive Supplier Survey solution that enables companies to define surveys and their scoring criteria and enables them to collect survey information from suppliers and internal stakeholders.
The key capabilities of the solution include:
- Survey Definition : Survey administrators can define surveys with multiple sections, each section with one or more surveys.
- Configurable Questions: Administrators can define questions with appropriate response type, including numbers, text and multiple choice questions. Administrators can also define the response to a question as mandatory or required.
- Attachments: Questions can be configured to have attachments and conditions can be defined under which the attachment is mandatory.
- Comments: Multiple choice questions can be configured to have a comment. Comments can be optional or required based on the answer to multiple-choice question.
- Survey Response Management: Suppliers can be sent mass e-mail with a link to the survey. using a configurable e-mail template. The system tracks which suppliers have responsed and sends automated expiration driven reminders to ensure that suppliers respond to surveys before the due date.
- Survey Without Login: You can mass e-mail the survey to suppliers with a link in an e-mail.
Suppliers click on the link and provide you the information without
logging into the system, reducing the need for supplier training.
- Automated Survey Scoring: Automated scoring mechanisms can be defined for surveys. For instance multiple choice questions can be assigned a score based upon the supplier response. Each survey question can also be assigned a weight.
- Automatic Roll-up: Survey scores can be rolled up at the survey section or survey level.
- Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA): Closed loop CAPA ensures that any survey issues that require corrective and preventive actions are tracked and monitored to closure.
- Survey dashboards and reports: Configurable scorecard dashboards
and reports provide visibility into survey responses and survey scores.
- Outlook/Notes integration: E-mails, including
mass communications can be sent through the system, keeping an audit
trail of all communication with suppliers. Outlook/Notes integration
ensures that contacts, calendar, tasks and e-mails stay synchronized.
This ensures that all critical communication about a supplier is
available in one central place.
- Notes, documents and search: Notes and supporting
documents can be attached to an individual scorecard. Documents common
across all suppliers such as scorecard criteria can be shared with the
suppliers. Entire communication history can be searched through,
providing visibility into past interactions.
- Ease of use: A Web 2.0 user interface eases supplier adoption.
- On-Demand: Web based subscription service with no software to install and a thirty day .